Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginnings End

This weekend stuff ended with Lawyerman. I almost didn’t mention it, because I like to keep personal shit that isn't amusing out of the blog, but I think I would be remiss in not saying something. It was overall the best for everyone, but even so, when these things happen, it’s not all lollipops and rainbows. Some people deal with it by listening to Shania Twain and diving headfirst into a pint of Ben and Jerry’s. Instead, I planned to go to the monster truck rally, get drunk and scream at the loud trucks. Despite living in the south until I was 21, I had never been to one. Unfortunately, Calvin Crustitron’s second job got in the way, which was a bit of a bummer, because I knew going to a place where having all of your real teeth and a high school diploma was not average would have totally cheered me up.
MonsterTruck

Instead, I went to
Renegades with my friend Amy, Tonya and Angie. Our friend’s band, Undone, was playing there (they are about to do a 17 state tour, so if they come near you, SEE THEM!). Even if I didn’t personally know the guys, I would still listen to their music because they write it themselves and it’s entirely quality. We hung out at the merch table, and I tried to convince their manager Dave that he should totally manage me, but I ONLY sing Lynyrd Skynyrd after bar close at Denny’s; he said he was up for the challenge.

Radomly, Professor Beer, Milfgasm and some other people I know from their parties showed up after their wine party. Neither of us knew the other would be there, so it was a definite pleasant surprise. One of the best things Renegades has going for it, is it has this regular that is a crazy dancer. And I don’t mean just a bad dancer, but like Woodstock-too-much-acid-swinging-her-hair-around-dancer. That night she hadn’t been dancing, but instead rubbing her ass on some old biker, so Milfgasm and co took it upon them to drag her out on the dance floor so she could entertain the rest of us.

Granted, it wasn’t monster trucks and mullets, but dancing with friends (and a weird old hippy) and seeing the boys from Undone was just what I needed. Oh, and welcome back Billy, one of the owners of Renegades… You were in Boston too long!

26 comments:

Captain Flak Paperpants said...

FREEBIRD!

Jay said...

Sorry things didn't work out with lawyerman. Hope your doing okay.

"Woodstock-too-much-acid-swinging-her-hair-around-dancer."

LOL ... When I was in college there was a Philosophy professor who was like that. He'd go to George's Majestic Lounge every Friday and Saturday night and be out there on the dance floor all by himself just dancing up a storm. He was barely 5 feet tall and probably about 130 lbs with long hair and he always wore shorts and was dancing barefoot. Dude knew how to have a good time!

Bruce, a work in progress said...

"I like to keep personal shit that isn't amusing out of the blog"

Any personal shit that's funny is fair game! I love it. That's pretty much my standard too.

Hey, I slid you an award today.

Mike said...

Sorry things didn't work out, but hey, shit happens.

I love monster trucks and tractor pulls. You haven't lived until you've been to either one of those. It's toothlessness at its finest. I swear it is.

FreeOscar said...

I can always assist in the rebound department.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Waffle House will do the same thing. Nothing like a bunch of toothless, bleahed blondes working for $2/hr to make ya feel better!

Warped Mind of Ron said...

I'm sorry about you and Lawyerman and I think monster trucks would have been awesome for you. Plus I'm sure it would have had a hell of a lot of good stories involved, you should try to go soon anyway.

Moooooog35 said...

Keep your chin up.

No, seriously, keep your chin up..I'm tired of looking at the top of your head.

Just kidding.

Think positive thoughts and some day, you too, will be that hippie dancer out there on the dance floor.

There you go. Something to keep your spirits up.

;-)

(yeah..if you missed it, I used one of those uber-gay ;-) things)

My best to you.

Moog

Hungry Mother said...

So you're available? You hard up enough to try a dirty old man?

fu said...

I don't know if you've heard of this but I always found that alcohol helps withthe tough times. you should try it out once.

Chuck said...

Well how 'bout going Redneck there girl. Next you'll be watching Nascar, dipping Skoal, moving to the Trailer Park and flashing people at the bar! Oh wait...you already do that one! ;)

Anonymous said...

girl, sorry to hear about you and lawyerman. now you watch how all the men line their asses up for some Tequila!!

and monster trucks are everywhere down south here in georgia. my old granny drove one till she passed...good times..

pissed off patricia said...

Thank goodness fate kept you away from the big assed truck thing. I'm not sure what they do there but seems anything would beat it for entertainment.

billymac said...

just a thought, but I think you should take up C Rag on her offer... and tape it... and then email it to me... :)

Anonymous said...

I just may know that hippy guy.Did he have long hair?

R.E.H. said...

Well, it's lawyerman's loss, right?

Good way of dealing with it - though a monster truck event would have been so much cooler.

If I get the chance, I'll check out your buddies Undone.

Malach the Merciless said...

SWEET HOME ALABAMA!

Anonymous said...

See hadja nvitd me ida fit right in at either place. Nobody and I mean nobody sings Gimmie 3 steps or whats your name better than me, nobody!
hehe
sounds like fun.

AngryMan said...

I'm here to take pics of you and C.Rag. I can also videotape if you would like.

Atlas Cerise said...

You should meet me in Chicago for the Missy Higgins concert.

Commander Zaius said...

Monster truck rallys are awesome and I'm always surprised to find the different types that go to them. Although there are plenty of the inbreed types.

Forrest Proper said...

Sorry to hear about the lawyerman thing. I've never been to a monster truck rally, but Amy and I went to a demolition derby at the county fair last year, and it was awesome. Everyone in the stands and driving was blitzed, and there's nothing like a little mindless destruction every now and then.

Furtheron said...

is it me or does the picture of teh truck look like a model not the real deal

Tequila Mockingbird said...

Prepon: dude, read the post. it was a FEMALE hippy.

Further: does it matter? actually, it is a real truck, i cropped it so it would fit.

Phoebe Fay said...

Sorry about Lawyerman. It's never fun. It's also never too late for Monster Trucks. There's bound to be another one soon, and you must go, and you must blog all about it. Because I'm sure I'm not your only reader with insatiable curiosity about monster trucks who lacks to balls to actually go to one.

Buzzardbilly said...

My doctor's honest advice on men: "Under 30, they're too young and don't really know that much. By 50, they're into mid-life crisis. It seems you can only get a couple of good years out of a man, so you might as well change them often."

Not my advice. Once I found one as crusty as I am, I settled because I knew that wasn't going to happen again. Until then though, I enjoyed my fair share of break-up rodeos and bars with comedy gold for regulars. Moster trucks would've been fine, but there would've been kids there (since it's "family entertainment"). Better in the bar, I think.

Hope you're well.